Speaking of metal options, custom engagement rings uk come in a range of different metals, each offering unique values of appearance, durability, and cost. Check out the most popular ones below:
- Platinum: Platinum is a popular choice for custom engagement rings. It is a dense, rare, and robust metal with a higher level of purity than gold, making it hypo-allergenic. Its colour is a warm, soft grey-white that compliments the brilliance of diamonds or coloured gemstones.
- Gold: Gold is another popular material used for custom engagement rings. It comes in different colours, including yellow, gold, and rose gold. The purity of gold is measured in karats (k), with 24K being 100% pure gold. However, 18K gold is the most common metal option for custom engagement rings since it is durable and has a warm color.
- Palladium: Palladium is a member of the platinum metal group, but it is cheaper and less dense than platinum. It has a bright white colour, like platinum, and is hypo-allergenic.
- Titanium: Titanium is an affordable option for custom engagement rings because it’s not too expensive. It is resistant to bending, scratching and is incredibly durable. However, titanium can look a little bit dull in colour because it does not shine like other metal options.
- Silver: Silver is a beautiful, a soft-white, and a shiny metal. It’s an affordable option for custom engagement rings, but not as sturdy as other metals. It is perfect for those seeking alternative designs for engagement or wedding rings.
In conclusion, selecting the perfect metal for your custom engagement ring can impact the ring’s aesthetics, durability, and cost. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to choosing metal. It’s truly a matter of personal taste and lifestyle. Consult with your jeweller and opt for a metal giving the desired look and feel that fits your budget. With these metal options, you can confidently design a custom engagement ring that perfectly suits your personal vision.